Caramelised toffee and dark chocolate.
Rich raisins and fruity notes that cling to the palate.
A burst of mintmint that ends in an intense liquorice finale.
Reviews by Drammer.com users
- Tasted at:
- Sweet and a bit closed, fruity with ripe red apples and dark plums, maybe a bit of mango, honey notes, later comes sherry (dried fruits, toffee), cafe au lait, almost insensible tones of oak
- Fresh, medium-sweet, tropical fruits (banana, mandarines, passion fruit), fruit bubble gum, nutty notes
- Medium-long, sweet, walnut shell, some mushroom notes, hint of oak
- Really nice whisky, with complex multi-layered very unusual nose and sweet fruity palate. 3 different cask types influence can be recognized here and the result is very balanced. For quite a while this expression was hard to find obviously to the lack of distillery stock but now it looks like it's returning back (however, with significantly higher price).
- Intense oakiness, with gentle fresh fields.
- Warming, smooth, spicey, poached blackberries
- Lingering spice, sherry hit
- Exquisite - should be for £170!