Dark honey gold
The smell of freshly baked and buttered hot-cross buns, with notes of sultanas, cinnamon and mixed citrus peel, layered on warm dough with sweet apricot and honey glaze.
Rich and full-bodied with raisin brioche, sugar-glaze and nutmeg- spiced orange peel.
Long-lasting with raisins, dates and warm buttered toast
Reviews by Drammer.com users
- Tasted at:
- Sweet, dried fruits (plums, raisins), ripe red apples, melon, nutmeg, oak, some dusty and sulfur notes, honey and toffee with water
- Sweet, peppery, malty, porridge, ginger, berry jam, orange zest
- Medium-long, warm, slightly sweet, oaky, mouthwatering but getting dry fast, nutty feeling
- Pleasant whisky, nice on the nose with typical sherry notes + hint of sulfur. Quite punchy on its full strength but getting milder with water. Also noticeable malty notes, which still can be found even after 15 years sherry maturation. But overall impression remains good, whisky is well balanced and rather complex for the age. The price of 70-80 euros looks quite high but sometimes you can get it for as low as 50 euros and that is a great price for this whisky
- Vol, sherry, donker fruit, hout, roomboterkoekjes, honing, karamel, cake
- Sherry, licht romig, donker fruit, bessen, hint van hout, roomboterkoekjes
- Heerlijke dram!
No prices available. For prices of other bottles, see Whiskyprices.co.uk