Seductive aromas of pear, toffee apple, Brazil nuts in toffee, with an underlying spicy note, some toasty oak. With a splash of water, some creamy vanilla fudge is encountered, along with the classic Sherry cask note of linseed oil.
Mouth-filling flavours of milk chocolate, toffee, Brazil nuts, leather and some aniseed. The spiciness is definite, but gentle, with hints of ginger and clove.
The aftertaste once again reminds drinkers that this is a Glenmorangie, with vanilla, apricots in cream and some almond marzipan.
Reviews by Drammer.com users
- Tasted at:
- Fresh, sultanas, vanilla, red berries, oranges, some honey notes, cinnamon, a bit of dark chocolate
- Slightly sweet, fruity (apricots, yellow apples), spicy (peppers, ginger), black currant notes, burnt caramel, some bitterness
- Short, sweet, oaky and slightly bitter, walnut shells, notes of malt
- Not a bad Glenmorangie, much more tasty than 10 yo. Quite well balanced (but a bit on the oaky side) although feels somewhat young. Easy going and can be a good daily dram if the purchase price is around 50 euros.
- Tasting note:
- Lekker. Prikt een beetje. Portachtig