Rich and complex with honey, citrus fruits and vanilla oak notes.
Rich and honeyed with a hint of sherry fruitiness. A spiciness of cinnamon and nutmeg and a subtle oakiness develop with time.
Warm and lingering.
The Balvenie Signature Aged 12 Years is a classic marriage of The Balvenie matured in the three most traditional cask types, first fill bourbon, refill bourbon and sherry. Produced in small, numbered batches, each cask used is hand selected by Malt Master David Stewart to ensure he achieves Signature’s unique character of honey, spice and subtle oak and each batch is allowed time to harmonise in a traditional marrying tun. David Stewart crafted The Balvenie Signature to mark his 45th year in the whisky industry and 2010 sees the release of Batch 3.
Reviews by Drammer.com users
- Tasted at:
- Sweet, slightly floral, with hints of vanilla, sherry, oaky.
- Deliciously sherry, smooth and fruity, apples. warming
- Warming, longlasting and a quality whisky, drying yet mouth watering.
- Batch 3 - A very special and super quality whisky. Not to be missed.
- Tasting note:
- Sherry has the lead in this whisky. Not a great combination of the both.
No prices available. For prices of other bottles, see Whiskyprices.co.uk