In this 2018 edition, we have reintroduced a subtle sherry-cask influence that adds an additional layer of complexity and richness. A medium smoky-peaty base is enriched by a sweet maltiness and notes of baking spices and dried fruit. Its a whisky to enjoy late into the night, perfect served neat or paired with rich cheeses.
First released in 2006, Flaming Heart was the first whisky to combine the rich, complex spice of Scotch aged in new French oak with the evocative peat-fired smoke of Islay malt. It created a genre-defying style that was smouldering, spicy, complex and so popular that weve re-released it five more times in the years that followed.
Reviews door Drammer.com gebruikers
- Geproefd op:
- Fresh, smoky, slightly farmy, wet chalk, maritime (brine, kelp), green apple, a hint of vanilla, woody notes, citrus peel
- Slightly sweet, quite spicy (pepper mix, ginger), slightly salty, minerally, light grapefruit zest bitterness, dried apples, some nutty notes, cold ashes
- Quite long, slightly sweet with wax notes, juicy with candied fruits and a bit ashy and medicinal at the end
- Excellent whisky, nicely composed and with superb balance. Complete, quite coastal and simply very pleasant. Spices, fruits and smoke intertwined in a beautiful way. This expression, however, not very complex but very drinkable. The price seems to be set at a reasonable level.
- Zacht, vol, smoky. Heerlijk.