Aromas of fruit blossom meld with dried apples and light oak. In the background youll find traces of raisins and dates mixed with rich fruit cake.
Flavours burst onto the palate, rich and sweet, including maple syrup, dark chocolate, almonds and raisins. The finish lingers nicely hints of vanilla gently fade away with a warming trace of caramel at the end.
The name Langskip is taken from the Norse word for longship the Viking raiding ships that once dominated the Caithness coastline. Sleek, smooth, purposeful and strong, the legacy of these ships surrounds the Wolfburn distillery in addition to settlements and burial sites, Wolfburns home town of Thurso is said to be named after the Norse God of thunder Thor.
A sweet, balanced and beautifully easy-drinking dram, Langskips strength is matched only by its smoothness. Matured entirely in first-fill bourbon casks, this whisky has a unique richness and an extraordinary depth of flavour. Bottled at 58% alcohol by volume, Langskip represents the very best of Wolfburn.
Reviews door Drammer.com gebruikers
- Geproefd op:
- Malty with fusel oil and yeast, apple mash, some vanilla and oak, toffee notes. Water amplifies vanilla, opens floral and honey notes. Also fresh paint can be found in it.
- Neat: sweetish, apples and some orchard fruits, oatmeal. Diluted: some sour berries, barley, spices (pepper mix and nutmeg), porridge, oak
- Short, nutty, oaky, malty
- Quite good young whisky. It’s simple and really young with those yeast and fusel oil notes, but rather balanced and somewhat pleasant at the end. Definitely requires dilution. With some more years definitely will grow to a good daily dram.
- Fresh, light, slightly apricots, the alcohol is not too strong for 58%vol., a hint of mint, earthy, dry
- Fresh, fruity, light, a hint of light, nutty, chocolate, salty
- A very light and fresh Whisky, perfect for warm summer evenings
- Geproefd op:
- 58% dus vrij sterk, maar toch volle smaak